Did you know the salad drawer can contain up to 750 times what is deemed to be a safe level of bacteria? That is why it is essential to regularly clean out your fridge. This daunting task can be made easy by breaking up the job into smaller tasks. Follow our checklist and you will have a sparkling fridge in no time.
- Firstly empty your fridges content completely. Checking use by date on all products, throwing out any products that have surpassed it.
- Then remove any drawers placing them in the sink to be scrubbed warm water, and liquid dish soap. Leave them out to air-dry.
- Wipe the fridge clean of any crumbs, or spillages.
- Spray fridge with a multipurpose cleaner. Wipe down the walls, and individual each shelf. An old toothbrush can be used to remove grime from crevices.
- Return the drawers to fridge.
- Put the food back in, wiping down jars and bottles.
Before returning food, consider the best way to organise.
What do we recommend?
- Top Shelf- Ready to eat foods e.g. dairy products, yogurts, cakes..
- Middle shelves- cooked meats, leftovers
- Bottom shelves- Raw meat, poultry and fish
- Salad drawer- salad vegetables, fruit and vegetables